CTU UCEEB is a university institute focusing on innovative technologies in built environment. It brings innovations from research to practice, participates in their development and verifies their quality. It carries out number of Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe projects focusing on New European Bauhaus, Positive Energy Districts, energy flexibility, sensoric systems, active building envelopes, plug-and-use renovation or prefabricated construction. CTU UCEEB is home to the awarded S.A.W.E.R. technology for air-water extraction.
Urban innovations is one of the main fields of the CTU UCEEB. The institute supports cities and towns with strategic sustainable management, focusing on construction, energy efficiency and Smart Cities. For specific construction projects (both new and retrofits) it helps with state-of-the-art design on building level, public space and whole neighbourhoods.
For business partners CTU UCEEB offers an on-demand R&D services for the business in construction, sensorics and energy systems, including photovoltaics, BEMS, faciliy management or nature-based and circular construction elements.
We offer technologies for licensing:
1) Moisture monitoring for protecting timber structures (Moistureguard)
2) Irradiation prediction and advanced PV control algorithms (PV Forecast, Sky Imager),
3) Low-cost air-handling unit with heat recuperation,
4) Intelligent heat distribution system (Hydronics 4.0 system and Q pump),
5) Nature-based light weight building envelope for carbon neutrality (Envilop).